Saturday, November 10, 2007

we all went for a little drive to upwey...


Mum and the boys and I went for a drive to Upwey. Mum wanted to see the house, even though we couldn't go in. Afterwards we went to a little park down the road. It was really beautiful and so fun to know soon it would be our home. As I was turning out of Deans Road I got a little confused and went back to driving on the American (Righthand) side of the road. A neighbor was coming into the road and gave me the worst look...ahhhh...hope he doesn't remember me.

Mum loved the house, location and atmosphere. She thinks it will be so great for Kai to be able to explore around the garden and land. I also imagine him running around and having so much fun.

We went and had lunch in Belgrave. There is a really great little cafe called the Queen of Tarts and i really enjoy having lunch there. Kai loves the op-shop next door. He came back with two new dolls. He loves to dress them, and then undress them. He calls them his "girls"...so funny.

It has been a warm and happy day. I have been feeling pretty wobbly with all the commotion and it's nice just to have an easy breezy day...I'll take it where I can : )

2 comments:

Simmone said...

Glad to hear your day was light and cruisy, Upwey will be perfect for you all. xx

Amelia said...

Hi there, I found your blog by searching on blogger for other people locally who are interested in op shopping. I have been looking through your blog - the new house looks great. Anyway, the reason that I was searching is because I have started a collaborative Melbourne op shopping blog - I op therefore I am - http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/ - and I was wondering if you would be interested in joining? Just a once off best finds ever post or regular posts or anything you like really. There are also some links there to op shop addresses etc and maps showing where they all are.

best wishes for the new year,

regards, Amelia

ps - I craft and blog too:

http://bollewangenhaptoet.blogspot.com/