Sunday, May 3, 2009

so chilly... but so much fun...





















Yesterday we ventured into town to spend the day with Mart, Mum and Gaye. We packed the pram with food and nappies and started off by going to the op-shop, where Kai found a big stuffed car "to hug at night" and a ball and a few other bits and pieces. Then we went to the Adventure Playground where the kids ran around for an hour or so. I bumped into an old work colleague, which was nice as I got to catch up on what had happened to the advertising agency I worked at just before embarking on my trip to the States, all those years ago. Then we headed down to Acland Street to look for warm hats and some tights. We all got ice creams and kept walking to try and find a house that had be designed to look like a dragon. We found it and the kids thought it was quite awesome. Then a walk along the beach while we decided what to get for dinner. We ended up just getting a chicken and some salad from Safeway, which was the cheaper and healthier option...
All in all, it was my idea of the perfect day. The best part was that I seemed to have more stamina than usual, even though I am pretty sick with a cold. I could have kept walking and walking, even though everyone else's legs were falling off.
The kids fell asleep in the car on the way home, and Eli and I watched In Bruges. Then flopped into bed totally exhausted!

No comments: