Friday, October 10, 2008

girls night out... with patti smith...


I met Mum, Gaye and Carm, Alli and her friend Jenni in at Fed square tonight. Alli had tickets for a Patti Smith bio movie at ACMI. It was really great to watch. She is quite amazing and strange and wonderful. I came home and have been listening to Horses ever since. The best part was that Patti came on to introduce the movie as she is in Melbourne right now for a show. She sand one song on stage and it was just a really cool surprise. Mum and the girls were so in awe and wonder. It was greater for them because to them Patti has been a hero for years. I enjoyed seeing her with her kids the most, it was what I could relate to the most. Alli bought all the tickets for us and it was really generous and thoughtful.
Today it's sunny and warm outside so we are all going to plat a vege bed I think.
I need some sun as I have been a bit blah the last few days.
It seems to brighten everything up.

No comments: