Tuesday, December 2, 2008

grandpa walter's visit


Walter came on a whirlwind visit last week. It was great that he got to spend some time with us during his work trip this month. We didn't do too much, just stayed close to home mostly, but that was nice... and relaxed. On Monday Eli had to work so Walter and I spend a really good and constructive day with the kids. We managed to get them both to sleep at the same time and then took them for a walk to the park. The kids spent the whole time running through puddles and getting soaked with water and mud. It was one of those situations where you just have to give in and let them be kids... they can have a bath later. As I was watching them slop around in the cold mud I had a very strong sense memory of what that felt like, I remember spending hours outside in the mud... rain, hail or shine, I just loved it!

No comments: